Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We are now a 'sposie family

I've admitted defeat against diapers and against toddler butts andn against moisture and against diaper rash.  They have won and I give up.  We are now a disposable diaper family.  I still absolutely love my cloth diapers and would absolutely recommend to anyone looking to try them.

We have been battling diaper rash since about the day he was born.  We have tried every single combination of diapers, wipes, creams and powders known to the world.  We have tried changing his diaper immediately after becoming wet or dirty.  We have tried baths and "no diaper" time.  I"ve stripped the cloth diapers every which way.  Offer up any suggestion, we have probably tried it. 

I'm not just talking a little diaper rash.  I'm talking broken skin and bleeding diaper rush.  I'm talking screaming from the pain when he sits or even held.  I'm talking horrible bouts of diaper rash.  And nearly constant, at least mild, diaper rash for the past fifteen months. 

We finally found a bit of a combination that seems to be working and we are going to stick with it for now and it includes disposibles.  Huggies diapers, Huggies sensitive wipes and California Baby Cream - basically slathering it on at every diaper change. 

I absolutely see where CDs would be great for babies with sensitive skin - without the added chemicals.  But with William's case, he just can't have a drop of moisture before all baby butt hell breaks loose. 

I don't know who is more frustrated, him or me.  I'm just looking forward to potty training.....for real....

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

"before all baby butt hell breaks loose" -- That is the phrase of the week. Please use it in as many conversations as possible.

JayZ said...

Poor William! Jos had a really bad diaper rash for a few days and it was horrible so I can't imagine having to deal with it constantly. If sposies work better for him, then there is nothing to be ashamed about! And I'm with you...bring on the potty training! I got a Sesame Street toilet seat for her but I have no idea where to start. I think it's time to pick up a book!

Kelsey said...

I still think you're cool ;)

Melissa said...

:(

Pinki Kumari said...

To get softer and sexier lips use a honey scrub! Take 3 drops of honey, and mix it with half a teaspoon of sugar. Apply the mixture liberally to your lips, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. When you wash it off, you'll find your lips have gotten softer and may even look fuller.satta king
play bazaar

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails