Monday, March 26, 2012

New Year's Resolution in March....

Is it too late to come up with a New Year's Resolution?  Or call it what you will, something I want to do differently.  I can indeed be quite a lazy bum.  After working a long day, going to a class twice a week, coming home and helping with dinner, cleaning up, throwing a load of laundry in, playing with William before he goes to bed...let's face it, I'm beat.  I'm still trying to make it routine to work out after little man goes to bed too.  Whew, I'm exhausted just typing it. 

That's not my resolution though. 

I want to make sure we are getting off our bums and getting outside to play...like everyday if we can.  I judged my own parenting when the weather got nice and I took William outside and he was terrified to walk in the grass.  My kid was afraid of the grass.  Oh my goodness, I have failed.  Of course my kid won't walk in the grass, I haven't taken him outside in it since he started walking.  (judge away...judge away...)

So I've been making it a point to take him outside.  (don't worry....he's not afraid of that green stuff anymore)  I try to point out the birds and show him the sound they make.  I try to teach him that when he walks down the driveway towards the street, he has to hold my hand.  (read: teaching a one year old to hold you hand just leads to a melt down every.single.time)  We have been going on family bike rides since we bought one of those buggy thingys.  We walk into the field across the street from us and let the dog run around.  It's been awesome so far and it's barely into spring!

I just want to make a promise to myself and to William that we will make a point to get out and explore and get dirty and learn together!

How could I resist this....






2 comments:

soccer all-star said...

Yeah for playing outside- good goal :) love his smile in the first pic!

Pinki Kumari said...

The eyeliners or lip liners that you use should be sharpened often. This removes buildup or bacteria between each use. Makeup pencils are easier to sharpen if you put them in your freezer for 10 minutes first.satta king
play bazaar

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails