Friday, March 19, 2010

Sinking In...

I has felt like the longest week of my life...and most likely, the next five days will be the same until we can see the doctor. I hold my breath at any strange feeling, fearing the worst. I check for blood in the bathroom, even when I don't make a trip in there to use the bathroom. I'm terrified of something happening. I know I won't be able to prevent it from happening anyway, but I'm just nervous as to what to expect. Adam is trying to tell me that I shouldn't get my hopes up, but my hopes are up...I have a life, an actual life, growing inside of me. As Carrie says in Sex and the City: "That's so sci-fi." I'm so curious to find out how far along I am - most likely just about 6 weeks, but perhaps a chance I'm more like 10 weeks.

Mostly I've been just feeling cramps this week. I've started snacking throughout the day because I've found that if I don't, I get a little quesy and dizzy. I lost 5 lbs since the last time I weighed myself and that worried me a little but the nurse I talked to reassured it wasn't a problem. I bought a pregnancy book that takes you thru each week and what is developing with the baby and what I would be feeling. I bought Adam a father-to-be book too! He's commented several times on "oh, that's what my book said you would do" or "my book said you'd think that." Haha...well he's learning. :)

We've told several more people now...well, I've told several more people and Adam has told like 4 people. Both immediate families are excited and I can't wait to be able to tell everyone!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails