Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Can Read

  1. Imperfect Birds - Anne Lamott
  2. Operating Instructions - Anne Lamott (definitely recommend for any mother's out there)
  3. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
  4. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
  5. The Audacity of Hope - Barack Obama
  6. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
  7. The Green Book - Elizabeth Rogers and Thomas Kostigen (definitely a book I would recommend for anyone interested in going green)
  8. Firefly Lane - Kristin Hannah
  9. Baby Proof - Emily Giffin
  10. Healthy Child Healthy World - Christopher Gavigan (go out and buy it! wonderful resource for keeping your family healthy while living a green lifestyle!)
  11. Heart of the Matter - Emily Giffin
  12. Bossypants - Tina Fey (Hilarious!)
  13. Prey - Michael Crichton
  14. Julia's Chocolates - Cathy Lamb
  15. In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan
  16. One Day - David Nicholls
  17. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (Loved it!!)
  18. Dismantled - Jennifer McMahon
  19. Always Looking Up - Michael J. Fox
  20. How to Talk to a Widower - Jonathan Tropper (I will definitely be reading more of this author!)
  21. Queen of Babble - Meg Cabot
  22. One for the Money - Janet Evanovich
  23. Lisey's Story - Stephen King
  24. Two for the Dough - Janet Evanovich
  25. Room - Emma Donoghue (Fantastic!)
  26. Three to Get Deadly - Janet Evanovich
  27. Matched - Ally Condi
  28. The Giver - Lois Lowry (just as amazing as I remembered it)
  29. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
  30. The Last Time I Saw You - Elizabeth Berg
  31. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
  32. This is Where I Leave You - Jonathan Tropper
  33. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
  34. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling
  35. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling (currently listening to)
  36. The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein (currently reading)

Well...I'm making my way thru the Harry Potter series.....but by listening to the audio book, instead of reading.  I listened to the first one and fell in love with the book and to the performance of Jim Dale, who reads each of the audio books.  He is pretty much amazing and even though they are quite long, I think I will continue to listen to them. 

My reading has definitely slowed down.  Football season just finished for my husband but I had been taking care of William in the evenings without the extra help - didn't leave much time for reading.  Fall is here and that means new TV show episodes....I can't resist.  William is also of the age now that anything you have, he MUST have.  This includes books which makes for a very difficult time reading, unless he's already gone to bed.  Even with only a couple months left in 2011, I am happy with the amount of books I've read this year.  I'm already up to about 36, which is (sadly) more books than I think I've read in the last ten years COMBINED!  It feels very good and I'm actually enjoying myself!

  

1 comment:

PhaseThreeOfLife said...

Ooooh, I LOVED the Art of Racing in the Rain. Congrats on reading so many books this year! 36 is impressive, with or without a little one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails