Monday, January 16, 2012

When is the time right?

So lately the hubby and I have been asking ourselves the "when is it time for another one" question.  My husband's answer varies greatly from mine at this time (and for the past year).  His answer is "now, please."  Mine is more like "whoa whoa whoa, at least buy me dinner...." 

One of my reasons is that I feel like I have just gotten my body back or reclaimed or whatever you want to call it.  Although I was so sad to be done with nursing, at the same time it was such a relief to not worry about pumping or nursing on schedule.  Also, William is at such an amazing stage right now!  He goes to bed at 8 without a fuss.  He sleeps 10-13 hours a night.  We don't really have to worry about packing him special food when we go out since he eats just about anything.  He is so much fun to play with.  He wants to play with his toys.  He wants to toss a ball.  He wants to wrestle.  He wants to dance and listen to music.  He snuggles when I rock with him before bed.  He will drop a toy to come give me a hug.  It's pretty much amazing.  Then there's the question I hear a lot of first time parents ask themselves - "How could we possibly love another child more than we do now?"  I'm not too worried about that last one because I realize we could and would.  But I still can't prevent it from entering my mind.

Then there's "logistical" discussions.  Adam finishes school in about December of 2013 - do we wait until after that?  My sister gets married in June 2013 - do we plan around that?  What time of the year do we want our next kid?  Can we afford another one?  Is our house ready for a second little one?  Are WE really ready for another one?

Then I stop and wonder if perhaps I'm over thinking it all.  Other times my heart about bursts thinking about the possibility of feeling a baby kick or having a chance at a VBAC or introducing William to his little brother or sister or nursing another little one.  There are other times when I wonder if we should just throw our hands up and let things happen like they are supposed to happen....


[No, Mom...this does not mean we are trying to conceive your second grandchild....we are just simple talking.  hehe]

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

HA! Love the little note to your mom. And all are wonderful points! It doesn't look like you can make a wrong decision -- that's always a nice thing to know :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails