Sunday, January 8, 2012

My son's vocabulary

So I'm trying not to be offended by my son's growing vocabulary, but it is getting more and more difficult.  My son will tell you hi if you pass him in the supermarket.  My son will point out any children by saying "baby".  He has known "dada" for quite some time.  Some newer ones are "uh oh", "pees" (I'm guessing is please?) and something that sounds exactly like shit that we can't figure out what he means.

Every time he speaks, it is a reminder that he is a toddler that is continuing to grow and I'm so proud.  At the same time, it's kinda hard to not notice that he still hasn't said the name of the person who birthed him - his mama.  Maybe it wouldn't be as big of a deal if his beginner "dada" hadn't evolved into straight up "dad".  The garage door will open and Adam will walk in and it's "DAD!"  I get him up from his nap and we walk downstairs and it's "Hi, Dad!"  That little shithead cute frickin' brat still hasn't said mama.  What up with that? 

The rest of the time, he pretty much talks like the Ewoks from Star Wars but I'm pretty sure if he starts speaking in complete sentences before that word comes out of his cute mouth, I might have to make him get a job...just saying. 


"What can I say?  I love my dad!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails