Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breastfeeding Rebound

I want to thank for all the response to my Breastfeeding Troubles post.  Not only has it been so frustrating to have my milk supply decrease after returning to work, but it has been heartbreaking.  If things continued like they were, I don't think I would have made it to William was three or four months breastfeeding.  I felt like because I am a full-time working mom to support my family, it would hinder my ability to care for my baby in another way.  [I understand that might be ridiculous, but it's still upsetting]

I took the advice to add some pumpings through the day - I was now pumping about every other hour for a total of four pumping sessions.  I knew this couldn't last long because I just don't have that kind of time during the day.  But with the four pumpings, I was able to get enough for the next day at least and hopefully work to increase my supply a little.

I then started taking the supplement fenugreek.  Umm....hello again, milk!  It is working like a charm so far and I'm very thankful that my hopes to breastfeed is at least extended by this! 

Thanks for all the suggestions and support!  I'm sure if he could talk, William would thank you too!

2 comments:

Whitney J. said...

So glad the fenugreek is working! :)

Anonymous said...

I never tried breastfeeding, my daughter went straight onto a bottle from birth. But I didn't go out to work. I imagine it's not easy but don't be too hard on yourself. Glad the milk is there again though. Fenugreek working is great news.

Found you through Monday blog hopping.
CJ xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails