With that said, most things are completely not necessary at all when you welcome a new baby, but they can still be amazing at making your life easy. Three months in, this is my list of "my favorite things" for baby.
- Boppy - when creating a baby registry, my husband fought me on this one. His reasoning: "Can't you just hold the baby while you nurse him? We totally don't need that!" Umm....no, we don't "need" it, but it's wonderful! I use it almost every time I feed LM and it's a nice support if I need to set him down for a sec. I know there are plenty of options for nursing pillows out there, but I love my Boppy!
- California Baby Calming Diaper Rash Cream - YES, PLEASE! We really struggled with LM's diaper rash when we brought him home from the hospital. Since he wasn't big enough for his CDs, we were using another diaper rash cream and it just wasn't cutting it - almost 'burning' him. Something needed to be done! A reader suggested California Baby and we have never turned back! It's definitely more expensive than other products, but it's all natural and CD friendly! William's hiney is very happy!
- Co-sleeper Bassinet (by Arm's Reach) - It has been wonderful to have LM so close at night and if I needed to nurse him and just didn't want to get out of bed, he's right there to grab and feed. He's still sleeping in it!
- Bravado's Original Nursing Bra - OK, this one is for mom. I have absolutely loved my Bravado nursing bra! It is so comfortable and is perfect to sleep in and it offers enough support that I can wear it during the day! Must Have!
- Rumparooz Cloth Diapers - We have multiple types of fluff in our cloth diaper stash, but I'm a huge fan of Rumparooz one-size diaper. There is an extra gusset inside so it's perfect for containing LM's running diapers! You're going to pay more for these, but it's totally worth it in my book.
- Moby Wrap - It has taking some getting used to and I definitely had to practice to figure out how to use it, but I'm loving on the Moby wrap! From going to the grocery store to carrying LM while I'm folding laundry, it's been wonderful!
- Changing table - we have a changing pad on LM's dresser in his bedroom upstairs, but it's so nice having a changing table in the living room. Completely unnecessary, but totally convenient.
- Medela Pump-in-Style - definitely a must have since I returned to work. I knew I
wantedneeded a double electric pump to be able to pump efficiently at work and I haven't been let down
So I think that about sums up my list of make-my-life-easier things so far! I'm sure I will discover plenty of other wonderful baby-related goodies as I go and my list will change as William gets older. We have an upcoming trip and I know this list is accurate since all of these things (with exception of the changing table) will be packed and loaded in the car to take with us!!
What are you favorite baby-related things that make your life easier?!