- Imperfect Birds - Anne Lamott
- Operating Instructions - Anne Lamott (definitely recommend for any mother's out there)
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
- The Audacity of Hope - Barack Obama (audio book)
- Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
- The Green Book - Elizabeth Rogers and Thomas Kostigen (definitely a book I would recommend for anyone interested in going green)
- Firefly Lane - Kristin Hannah
- Baby Proof - Emily Giffin (audio book)
- Healthy Child Healthy World - Christopher Gavigan (go out and buy it! wonderful resource for keeping your family healthy while living a green lifestyle!)
- Heart of the Matter - Emily Giffin
- Bossypants - Tina Fey (Hilarious!)
- Prey - Michael Crichton (audio book)
- Julia's Chocolates - Cathy Lamb
- In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan
- One Day - David Nicholls
- The Help - Kathryn Stockett (Loved it!!)
- Dismantled - Jennifer McMahon
- Always Look Up - Michael J. Fox
- How to Talk to a Widower - Jonathan Tropper (currently reading)
- Queen of Babble - Meg Cabot (currently listening to)
- Room - Emma Donoghue (up next)
I am still just so happy that I have fallen in love with reading. Since I started these in April, this is the most books I've read than in the last ten years of my life combined. It makes me happy!
I would highly recommend The Help. I can wait to also see the movie that comes out next month.
I just started How to Talk to a Widower and I can tell I am going to love Jonathan Tropper's writing. I am literally on page nine and he is fabulous -
It's supposed to be charming having rabbits in your lawn, a selling point, incontrovertible proof that you've made it out of the city and into the rarefied country air of suburban Westchester. We may be driving enough minivans and SUVs to singlehandedly melt the polar ice caps, may be retrofitting our stately eighty-year-old homes with enough fiber optic cable to garrote the planet, may be growing Home Depots, Wal-Marts, Stop & Shops, and strip malls like tumors on every available grassland, but we've got these rabbits, scurrying back and forth across the lawn like a goddamn Disney movie, so case closed. We are one with nature.Love it.
Reading anything good lately?