Monday, September 5, 2011

Roadtrip with a little one

Had a wonderful long weekend spending time with the family in Ohio at the new lakehouse!  William had a blast and so did I.  It's such a wonderful thing to be able to spend time surrounded by a big family!  Since it's football season, Adam had to stay home so it was William and me on a long road trip.  Although this is not my first road trip with William by myself, it is the first time we have traveled now that he's getting more restless and harder to entertain.  I learned a few ways along the way -
  1. Have a bottle handy - it was such a nice thing to be able to hand lil' man a bottle when he was getting hungry and fussy without taking a long stop along the way.
  2. Have toys handy - when he's in a car seat for such a long trip, it's so nice that he can keep himself entertained when he's not sleeping.
  3. Turn off any packed toys - I learned this on the car ride to Ohio when several toys would go off every time we hit a bump in the road.  I can only take so much.  HA!
  4. Pack a handy "front seat bag" - Bottles, baby food, snacks/drinks for yourself, diaper bag - all things that are handy so you don't have to dig thru the trunk during a pit stop.
  5. Wear easy pants to get up and down with one hand - This is really only necessary when you have a kid that doesn't walk yet.  Ever wonder how people go to the bathroom when they have a little one?  Yeah, me too.  HA!
  6. Get a good book on CD - Great way to pass the time!  I started the Harry Potter series and it made me actually look forward to the drive!
  7. Drive safe - Get sleep before you go, don't get distracted and stay safe with that little one in your backseat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails