Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MEETING BABY!!

We met baby yesterday!!!!!!

My first doctor appointment. I had no idea what to expect and I was really trying not to get my hopes up that we would have a sonogram done. I kept reading on the internet that most of the times they don't do one until later since you can't really see it and that you won't really be able to hear the heartbeat until about 12 weeks. So I tried really hard not to get my hopes up.

We walked back into an exam room and the technician dimmed the lights. Are we going to meet baby?!

I undressed from waist down and the technician came back in. They used a v- sonogram and within seconds we could see something....just a white spot. The technician moved it around a little more and there it was....OUR BABY!!

It's probably one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen. I didn't cry...I just sat there in amazement with my mouth open. Adam sat and rubbed his face and didn't say anything. Baby was only 1.8 cm long...but you could see details of the features - nose, hands, feet and you could see the heart flickering. The technician moved around a little more to make sure things look ok and I asked her if she could go back to the flickering heartbeat again...she pushed a button and you could HEAR the heartbeat!! Our baby, at 8 weeks, has a heartbeat! 183 beats per minute is what it measured out to be.

Blood work followed and then schedule the next appointment in three weeks.

We left the doctor and couldn't even wait to start the car before we were on our phones calling our parents. WE MET BABY!! Adam just wanted to drive around to see who was around anywhere to show off his baby like a proud father with the four sonogram pictures. I still had a queasy stomach and really wanted to nap but how could I even think about those at a time like this?! There is a life inside me....with a beating heart! It had a nose and hands and feet and wasn't bigger than a bean. I feel like, for the first time, I have that pregnancy glow! I feel like I'm on cloud 9. WE MET BABY!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails