Monday, April 4, 2011

Blond girl in aisle 13....

So William is going on five months old and it is almost time that we are going to start him on some food.  I've already started doing a little planning on what we are going to start him on first and how to make it ourselves.  The days of exclusively breastfed diapers are coming to an end.  Oh dear...

I love how easy cloth diapers are right now.  I don't want the next stage of poop to come once he starts eating.  HA!

So it becomes critical to start looking ahead to installing a diaper sprayer.  [For the non-cloth diapering folks, it's a sprayer (like the one on your kitchen sink) that you hook up to your toilet to spray off poopy diapers]  They sell complete kits for upwards of $50 and I had every intention of buying one of these.  Someone suggested making our own - same idea, but buying the parts and installing it.  Hubby and I aren't exactly the handiest folks around so I figured this might now be an idea.  Some crazy idea must have been  put into my head, because I became inspired to do it myself.  Besides, I have an engineering degree...I'm fairly intelligent....I can figure it out.  Right?

So I know what the finished product should be - a diaper sprayer, duh.  I found a totally random set of instructions somewhere online - so now I have my list of parts.  I head to Lowe's. 

I'm slightly concerned that getting the items on the list was a hard enough task - yeah I was THAT girl standing in the plumping aisle reading every item to see if it was what I needed.  How will actually installing it go?  Oh dear, I'm scared to ask....

Stay tuned....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails