Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good Morning!!!

My husband gave me the best present in the world last night...the gift of SLEEP!  It was glorious and probably one of the best presents I've ever gotten from him. 

Since starting back to work this week, I've been struggling.  The combination of very little sleep and getting back in the routine of having to be productive (that pesky work thing, ya know) for an extended period of time throughout the day....and did you know that naps are frowned on in the work place?  Psh!  It was only Wednesday and I was dragging and seriously contemplating feeding William and heading to be around 6pm last night - I was just so dang tired. I hung out with the hubby and baby for a few more hours and then after feeding little man around 9 pm, I headed to bed soon after, around 9:30.  I figured I'd be up in a few hours again to feed William so it's a race to fall asleep to get at least one or two hours of decent sleep before getting up again.  My hubby stays up with William and then puts him to bed - that's been sort of our routine.  [as best of routine as possible with a 7 week old, HA!]

Skip to William getting fussy in the bassinet next to me....at 4:30am!!!!  Going over 7 hours between a feeding?  How can this be?  Did I hit the mommy jackpot?  Adam then told me that he had fed William with an extra bottle I had left for him during the day. 

Don't get me wrong, I love nursing William - it's about my favorite part of the day.  We get to cuddle and bond and I can just watch his eyes looking up at me.  It melts my heart.  But that 7 hours of uninterrupted, continuous sleep??  That melts mommy's heart too.  :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails