Here are just a few of the things that have been changing or I have been learning:
- My belly button is strangely disappearing - I figured this would happen much later in pregnancy. So far, it's become super shallow and small. I'm waiting for it to 'pop' and become an outie.
- I've learned you can see movement on the sonogram. I had no idea. When you look at an ultrasound photo, it seems like such a basic image/technology. Last week, we could see William moving around like crazy in there. And there is so much movement I can't even feel. It was just amazing to be able to see our baby moving around - it made it feel more "real".
- I have a very noticeable linea nigra (dark line) on my belly now. I didn't really notice since I can't exactly look down and see it directly. I noticed it in the mirror about two weeks ago and called Adam to look - his response: "Oh, yeah, I've noticed that for awhile now." Hmm....I was a little behind.
- Crossing my fingers I can hold off on any stretch marks until as late as possible....none so far....just waiting....
- I know pregnant woman shouldn't lay or sleep on their stomachs, for very obvious reasons. I'm not sure I realized the same about sleeping on your back. I assumed once I got so large, I wouldn't want to. I am normally a back sleeper and I'm realizing my changing body no longer likes this and I know I have to focus on sleeping on my side. How do I know this? It's the waking up in the middle of night when I have turned on my back and a feeling that I'm drowning. I guess this is the normal feeling of reduce circulation due to the pressure of the baby and large uterus. It's bizarre and scary and I'm working to convert to a side sleeper. [I'm working to find a body pillow to help - propping a pillow under my head, another between my legs and another under my belly can be quite difficult in the middle of the night, especially when trying to switch sides]
- 'Hot flashes' - I'm not sure if this is necessarily pregnancy related or the fact that it has been in the 90s lately. All I know is that at dinner with friends Friday, I was fanning myself with a menu while one had goosebumps and another put on a sweatshirt because they were cold. This isn't the first time either. over the past few days, I've been getting bursts of being super hot. Hormones much?