Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Trying to be Healthy

When I first found out I was pregnant, I was training for a triathlon at the time and I was trying my best to eat healthy and was working out about 5+ times a week.  I got the positive at home prego test and was shocked and was scared to move or breath for fear of causing something to go wrong, so working out quickly decreased.  I remember bragging to my mom that I hadn't eaten any processed food for about five days in a row - only fresh fruits, veggies, meats and bread. 

Then morning sickness and 1st trimester fatigue happened and any hopes of working out or eating healthy flew right out the window.....

Now, I certainly can't use morning sickness as an excuse anymore and I'm really needing a good kick in the rear to get me started back up again!  So, I'm moving forward in an attempt to be more healthy for the remainder of the pregnancy (I reserve the right to make 'more healthy' as broad as I like!  HA!). 

I've been focusing on eating regular snacks throughout the day with smaller meals.  And since I made sure to buy healthier snack foods, I'm making almost no trips to the vending machines.  Yay!  I had been walking every now and then, but I have started back up this week.  I swam Monday - good thing there's a short walk from the locker room to get in the pool, as pretty as it is for me to walk around in my bathing suit with all my growing parts on display.  Tonight, I went to BodyJam class - basically a hip hop, dance class at the gym.  Let me tell you, they should have charged admission to be able to see my ass dancing around.  There was absolutely nothing pretty about it - just hilarious.

I will do my best to keep up the better eating habits and working out.  Let's see how long I can make it last....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails