Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yummy! - Bruschetta

I am definitely not much of an adventurous chef - I've always been quite a picky eater, but I'm getting a lot better, I swear!  Most of the things that I cook are things I've gotten from my mom or recipes from other people or cookbooks.  I've never been very good at creating unique recipes for myself - I'm still not. 

I do have one of my fave things to make (and eat!).  I love bruschetta!  I love ordering it at restaurants and I especially love making it!  Here's my version that's delicious and super easy!

You'll Need:
  • Tomatoes (I prefer roma tomatoes)
  • Green Onions
  • Garlic (optional)
  • Olive Oil
  • Goat Cheese - trust me, if you don't think you'll like goat cheese, give it a chance!  (you can find it in the specialty cheese case at the grocery)
  • Bread - I prefer ciabatta (you can use anything you like!)
  • Salt/Pepper
Chop tomatoes and green onion (and garlic) and mix together.  Add a tablespoon of olive oil (more or less, depending on how many tomatoes you used).  Season with salt and pepper.

Slice bread and spread (or crumble) goat cheese onto it.  Top with tomato mix.  Bake at 425 degrees for 12-14 minutes - until bread becomes toasted and cheese is softened.

The bread will be toasty and the goat cheese will be melted and it's delicious!  The combo of sweet tomatoes and the richness and creaminess of the goat cheese - amazing!!!  Prefer a little protein with your bruschetta to make it a meal?  Add some cooked shrimp to the top or some grilled, thinly-sliced chicken breast.  Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails