Monday, May 17, 2010

Old Wives' Tale - We're Having a Girl

So it's fun to tease and make predictions on whether we are having a boy or a girl. It's mostly fun to play because I absolutely don't care what it is (I'm not being smug as the song would imply, I just don't care). We want to have at least one of each, so for baby #1, my wishful thinking is that we just have a......baby.

Adam also seems a bit terrified of having a daughter. This makes it even more fun to tell him that I think we're having a girl. I want him to have a daughter eventually, because I think he'd be a great daddy and will just not fully appreciate the father-daughter bond until he can experience it for himself.

I'm using the old wives' tale that heart rate can help to determine the baby's sex. "As the old wives' tale has it, if your unborn baby's heart rate is higher, above 140 beats per minute, that means you're carrying a girl. A lower heart rate below 140 bpm means you're having a boy."
http://www.in-gender.com/cs/blogs/gender_selection_news/archive/2006/01/07/5031.aspx

Appointment #1 - 183 beats per minute
Appointment #2 - 160 beats per minute
Appointment #3 (today's appointment) - 152 beats per minute

Realistically, I know this theory doesn't work at all...but it's still fun! Another 7 weeks or so until we figure out the sex of the baby for real!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, babe, but I don't put much faith in that. They told us that your brother was a girl going into the delivery room judging by his heartbeat. It is fun to think about though --- a beautiful little girl with curly blonde hair. I'm not asking for much!

Jaclyn said...

Oooh, did you try pendulums? Apparently you can "tell" based on the way a crystal on a string swings above your belly -- if it makes straight line movements or circular ones.

That method told me once I'm going to have four children. So, ya know, it's like crazy reliable.

http://www.psychics.co.uk/psychictests/baby-gender-prediction.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails