Monday, May 3, 2010

So much to do, So little time

So now that I'm starting to feel a little better, I'm trying to come up with a list of things that need to be done before the baby arrives. I'm not necessarily talking about baby-related items; of course we have to buy car seat and crib and other baby stuff. I'm talking about the non-directly baby related things that might help us out to get it done now. Here's a short list of things I'm thinking so far. Since I don't really have many friends that have new babies, I'm looking for any suggestions and recommendations on what else to add to the list!

  1. One of the top things on my list is to catch up on my scrapbooking. I am pathetically, almost two years behind. I guess planning a wedding, getting married, buying a house, buying a dog and getting pregnant have cut into some good scrapping time and I'm not even done with Melanie and Jordan's 2008 graduations yet. I know once the baby gets here I'll want to scrap everything BABY so that means I need to catch-up now. I started by organizing the scrapbook room over the weekend and buying a few goodies at Michael's to help motivate me to get started again.
  2. Buy a new living room rug - It's not just "nesting", it's anyone with a teensy big of common sense and having been at my apartments in the past few years. I adore my 4 year old rug, but I realize how many rum and cokes and beers have been spilled, several attempts at house training Tressel and lots and lots of shoes trampling it. All of it adds up to the fact that I barely want to walk barefoot on it, much less put a brand new baby on it. So it's got to go....
  3. Paint the kitchen - I've been wanting to paint the kitchen for the past few months. Once I found out I was pregnant and the morning sickness and tiredness started to kick in, I was easily convinced that the current brown color was fine. Now that I'm starting to feel better, I'm back to wanting to paint it. It's so dark in there right now and I want to brighten things up - maybe a super pale yellow?? I don't think Adam wants to participate in this activity at all...but I might try to convince him.
  4. Address Christmas cards - I know we've barely started spring and I'm bringing up Christmas. I have never sent out a Christmas card before. Last year we were a little tight on budget and time and we didn't end up doing it then. This year, I know I'll want to send out a family picture with our new addition!! Between the middle of the night feedings and up worried sick at every sneeze and sniffle, I'm sure I'm going to value any free time or time to sleep I have. This means, that addressing envelopes ahead of time with everyone's addresses might help speed up this process. Efficient or just a little cooky?
  5. Super-Duper Spring Clean - I know anyone that knows me finds it hard to believe that I maybe be a teensy bit of a pack-rat..... I really don't think I need half of the things I have just cluttering up storage containers and boxes. Even the bathroom closet is starting to annoy me with 10 year old ointments and face washes I'll never use again. I want to de-clutter (Adam will be so happy!) and completely organize things. I sense the need for a label-maker, methinks.....
  6. Sanitize the entire house - This is a little more related to the new baby we'll be bringing home, but I want to clean EVERYTHING! I'm still not sure what magical product I'll be able to clean the walls and couch and cabinets with....but dangit, I will find it. I want the place to shine. (again, Adam will be so happy!!)

Any other things you can recommend that I need to do before a baby comes along???

1 comment:

Stef said...

Ooooo addressing Christmas cards - what a GREAT idea!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails