Advice to any pregnant woman attempting to buy shoes in August......
- My initial response, after performing this feat yesterday myself - DON'T
- If you must shop for shoes in 90 degree weather, I would recommend icing your feet or putting them up for at least an hour before you go so they aren't swollen to the size of pot roasts....As you can imagine, pot roasts are not easy to slide gracefully into a nice pair of shoes. I found this out the hard way....
- This is no time to be vain, ladies....we are going for comfort here. Don't be afraid to try on the ugliest pair of shoes in the store, as long as they are flat and soft. (and also easy to put on)
- Don't be afraid to sit down. After attempting to balance myself next to the rack, while holding my purse and having a heel on the opposite foot....I'm lucky I made it out of the store alive.
- Expect to go AT LEAST a half size (or full size) bigger than you would normally wear. Thanks to pregnancy-land (and this lovely thing called relaxin), your feet grow...and they'll probably never shrink back again. Might as well start your new shoe collection now.
- If the store is offering Buy One, Get One Half Off....buy something you don't necessarily 'need' and get something FUN just for you!!!