Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fetus Olympics

That is currently what is happening inside my body.  You hear stories all the time and it's understandably normal for a pregnant woman to feel a baby's movement.  However, it is completely different than anything I could have expected. 

Several weeks ago, when William was in franks breech position - with his head and legs up (kinda under my ribs), I could feel movement, a little poking or prodding here and there, that's about it.  William has since lowered his legs (stinker is still breech) and is now able to move about more freely - to do jumping jacks, cartwheels, soccer, tackle football, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and any other activity that he now has the flexibility to do.  I'm pretty sure with what I've been feeling over the last few days, my baby boy has been practicing all of the above.

I figured peeing in the middle of the night, some hip pain and becoming a little uncomfortable would be what keeps me up at night.  In fact, it's actually my active baby boy!  It isn't waking me up, but after one (or two or three) trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I get back to bed and little William seems to think halftime is over and he's ready to bounce around in there.  It's an amazing, unbelievable, wonderful feeling!!

As my mom would say - "My arms are aching to hold him!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails