Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baby Moving?

So I know that you can start to feel your baby from around 16 - 22 weeks.  Sometimes later, rather than sooner, for first time moms that just aren't sure what they are feeling.  I am exactly 18 weeks today.....

...and I think I felt baby today!!!!!!!

I know that there's lots of "stuff" going on in my body right now so I can't be sure, but it was something "different"!

I just finished drinking my instant breakfast and eating some sliced pineapple while I was in a meeting this morning.  Then it happened - I felt a little twitch or 'flutter' in the lower right side of my belly.  It was almost like a mild muscle twitch, but inside.  I only felt it for a few seconds and haven't felt it again since. 

Was it baby??  I hope to feel it again soon to be sure!  What an exciting feeling!

In my day-by-day pregnancy book, I read this little hint today (how appropriate!):

"This is an exciting week for Pregnancy Land-ers.  During their first pregnancies, many women feel their babies move for the first time right about now.  If you haven't felt anything yet, drink a glass of cold orange juice - both the coldness and the sugar are known to get babies kicking - and lie down.  Give your heart a chance to slow down.  Breathe deeply and relax.  Feel any butterflies?  How about gas bubbles?  You may not be nervous or gaseous - that fluttering and bubbling could be your baby on the move!"

I'm thinking I'm going to stop at the grocery on the way home for a little OJ!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails