"OH! I don't think I'll like being pregnant!"
"Eeek, maybe I don't want to get pregnant."
But seriously, how can it be a bad thing. Yes, for the first trimester, you think you might feel better jumping off a bridge and being knocked unconscious for a few weeks rather than having to sit at your desk at work while trying not to throw up on anyone that comes to talk to you. And no, I can't drink alcohol or caffeine, eat sushi or ride roller coasters, but does that really mess with my lifestyle? Don't think so.
Just think of all the advantages of being pregnant!!! I'm only starting to realize the half of it!
- You don't have to be on a diet anymore! (still watch what you eat, but you don't have to eat cardboard or be on a cabbage soup diet to drop those last few pounds)
- Your boobs get ginormous without trying
- You can take a nap just about any day you want and people will let you because...ya know...you're pregnant!
- The clothes are amazingly comfortable! (like straight up magical.....)
- Your nails become super strong and wonderful!
- If you (or eh-hem, your husband) don't wanna go somewhere, if you don't go, it's not rude....because you're pregnant.
- Excuse to buy new clothes
- People offer you their seat on the bus ....OK, so I don't actually ride the bus, but I'm sure if you stick your prego belly out while on a bus, someone would give you their seat, right?
- You get to show off your curves and 'bump'!
- You are growing your baby!!!!!!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am happy right now in pregnancy. I'm not uncomfortable, I'm sleeping well, I have energy. I STILL reserve the right to complain later when I can barely walk and no position is comfortable, when my back hurts, my feet hurt, I have heartburn so bad I can't hardly breathe, when the thought of tying my shoes seems like a pastime I will never enjoy again and I am praying for the baby to be born already. I'm just saying....I'm allowed....