Thursday, June 17, 2010

Growing baby

As of yesterday, our baby is supposed to be roughly 5.5 inches from head to rump - about the size of a large baking potato (or large bell pepper).  The baby weighs about 7 ounces.


During week 19, the baby will grow to about 6 inches (head to rump) - or about the size of a slice of watermelon or large heirloom tomato.

The mid-wife I saw Tuesday stated that the baby was going to have a "growth explosion" over the next few weeks. 

For example, by about the 4th of July - only about 2 weeks away, the baby will be about 10.5 inches long (from head to heel) - the size of a carrot!!  And weight about 3/4 lb!!!

Grow, baby, grow!!!!!!

1 comment:

Joslyn said...

Hi Steph!
How are you?! It's been...forever!!! I hope you are doing well and feeling great. I can't believe you are going to be a mommy! I'm so happy for you. I have really enjoyed reading your baby blog! I too will be a mom in a few weeks. My baby girl is due June 30th and I can not wait to meet her! I hope your pregnancy is going well and that you are enjoying every minute of it. Your baked potato :) will be a watermelon soon! It really goes fast. Hope to talk to you soon!
Love,
Joslyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails